PRECONSTRUCTION – The best money an Owner can spend. Bring the contractor to the project on day one.
1. There is no good reason to discover that a job is 25% over budget after completion of costly design documents. This can strain relationships and cost time and money.
2. We assure that your project upon bidding to qualified subcontractors and suppliers will meet your budget, quality, and schedule goals.
a. We perform an initial evaluation of project cost and schedule.
b. An estimate from 20% complete ( or schematic ) plans establishes project feasibility for desired budget.
c. The next estimate with 50% complete plans greatly narrows a range for anticipated cost. A direction for design is established.
d. Guaranteed Maximum Price ( GMP) estimate from 95% complete documents is performed next.
(1) Alternates can be used to further control the anticipated cost.
(2) The work is bid to size appropriate vendors with a proven track record.
(3) Plans and specification are thoroughly vetted to minimize subcontractor instigated change orders.
3. Value Engineering (VE) is determining an equal product for less cost or a better product for no more. The VE process begins on day one and continues throughout the preconstruction process and beyond.
4. A realistic schedule is developed and included as part of the bidding requirements.
5. Utilizes the contractors knowledge of costs, constructability issues and local market conditions.